Friday, February 28, 2020

Change of Plans



Image result for man standing in rain gif
        After discussing my idea regarding the schizophrenic man who falls in love with his hallucination, my teacher recommended I choose a different path. After pointing out various flaws, she told me something that stuck with me... I need to choose something more simple. After doing some thinking, I thought to myself, "I should create the story of a troubled male who falls in love with a female and makes his life better." Once I discussed the new idea with my teacher, she said it was much better and just needed some elaborating. This idea stuck into my brain and I started to think of ways to show how he's troubled. After long consideration, I decided to make the root of his problems his home life, more specifically his parents arguing. This can be shown by starting the scene off with a tight close shot of his face as he's sitting down eating breakfast. As the camera slowly zooms out from his face,
Image result for the theory of everythingthe sound transitions from the sound of him eating cereal, to the sound of his parents arguing (and possibly some thudding occuring). This theme will then be continued throughout his morning routine as he goes to school, but he will not react to it too much to show how this is a common process that occurs. When he goes to school, he will be going about his day and accidentally bumps into a girl in the hallway.  This encounter will be short but sweet and encompass a bit of shy flirting. This will also be the first time he smiles in the film opening. As he takes his bus home from school in the last scene, he'll remember her voice and it'll almost show the audience his thoughts by listening to her audio from the encounter on repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Documentary Posting

Documentary: CLICK HERE Poster Magazine Article/Social Media Link to Magazine Article:  Click Here Link to social media page:  Click Here In...